How to Import .pst or .olm into Outlook for Mac 2011
The .pst file is a default file extension & proprietary file format used by Microsoft Outlook for Windows.
Whereas .olm is the new file format used by Outlook 2011 for Mac.
To import a .pst or .olm file to Outlook for Mac 2011, you need to first copy .pst or .olm file to Mac’s file system. If you have stored it on a USB thumb drive or a DVD, use Finder to drag it onto your Mac desktop.
- From Finder, open Microsoft Outlook by clicking Applications, Microsoft Office 2011, Microsoft Outlook.
- From Outlook, select File, Import. From the Begin Import box, click the radio button next to Outlook Data File (.pst or .olm), and click the right arrow to continue.
- Select the type of file you wish to import and click the right arrow to continue.
- Choose the file to be imported and click Import.
- When done, you’ll see the following. Just click Done. Your .pst or .olm file has been imported into your Outlook for Mac 2011 client.